The depth and breadth of knowledge, experience and interests in large groups lends itself well to finding many great connections for you. Don’t miss this opportunity.
Four reasons to network:
- There probably is not one single question you have that cannot be answered by someone at that conference.
- Networking increases your professional image and value to your current organization. It can truly boost your confidence.
- Talking to lots of new people gives you a “bird’s eye view” of what is going on in your profession. Listening to all of the topics and comments gives you a wealth of perspectives and tips.
- Networking lays the ground work for you if you choose to someday change organizations and/or relocate to another city/state/country.
One question to ponder:
- Why would I waste this golden opportunity to learn from others in my field through a casual, non-confrontational, idea laden conversation?